ISG helps a manufacturing company improve its end-user device management via a Device-as-a-Service agreement.
A global manufacturing company designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world's largest construction-equipment manufacturer. The company has more than one hundred thousand (100,000) end-user devices across the globe. It identified user satisfaction, standardization, security and productivity as its major challenges.
The company engaged ISG digital sourcing services to assess end-user device management. It wanted a solution which would improve customer satisfaction, productivity, security and overall device management. Ultimately, the company is looking for improved internal customer experience, cost reduction, speed and realizable value.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG took a different approach to sourcing by not issuing a request for proposals (RFP). Instead, we worked directly with the company’s suppliers to build a digital solution to alleviate the issues at hand.
ISG quickly realized that company had nonstandard environments, resulting in a high cost to support end user devices with low satisfaction from the end users.
ISG worked with the suppliers to come up with a persona-based solution. We also leveraged the concept of Zero Touch for the devices to provide high satisfaction to the end users.
The solution included a digi hub with digi lockers, machine learning and artificial intelligence to predict device failures and enable self-healing of such failures. The solution’s automation was powered by tools such as Nexthink and Autopilot.
Future Made Possible
- The solution resulted in about 40% savings from current spend on end-user device support services on an annual basis.
- The company received faster service-level agreements (SLA) for device fixes at the critical manufacturing sites using digi lockers.
- It also obtained automated refresh of devices using the automation solution Autopilot.
- The company’s on-site support was drastically reduced to only critical manufacturing sites. Instead, ISG enabled it to leverage remote support for all other devices using automation and artificial intelligence with predictive analytics.
- Automation in patching updates resulted in meeting the security standards efficiently to ensure security compliance.